Torna alla lista annunci
Internship - R&D Data Scientist
Pirelli Tyre S.p.A.
We are looking for a data scientist on consistent db.To manage vast amounts of inter-functional data, and help R&D dept. to make smarter strategic and technological decisions to deliver even better products and to be even more efficient. being part of a growing group of analysts dedicated to finding new inter/intra functional laws made up of ever-increasing amounts of data. applying machine learning & data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality systems to support the R&D processes.querying different sources of data coming from different functions, from Business Marketing until the Manufacturing and Quality, integrating all R&D organizational interfaces.
Focus will be in
• Participating and supporting the development of R&D data analytics team to create useful operative applications and reports & dashboard for the management and operative users (from the product roadmap to the shopfloor)
• Participating and supporting the transition phase towards the PLM platform (Cloud based) taking care for the robustness of data bases both in cloud and on-premise and taking advantage of new opportunities and potential
• Managing the functional specifications Vs internal IT Dept and external suppliers for:
• Creating R&D applications and services based on data analisis results linked to a technological workflow
• Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
• Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
• Creating ad-hoc systems, including U.I., digitalizing processes and building databases.
• K-H on creation of smart application to be used in short time
• K-H on creation of strategic reports & operative dashboards in QlikSense
• Knowledge of other data visualization tools, such as D3.js, plot.ly, etc. is welcome.
• Proficiency in using query languages (SQL) on different db type (Oracle, MS SQL server) and on non relational (Mongo db)
• Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python and .NET/C#/VB
• Experience with common tool in versioning as Github
• Proficiency on MS Office pack (above all Excel, VBA for excel)
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• Good scripting and programming skills
• Data-oriented personality
• Great communication and team building skills
Pirelli was founded in Milan in 1872 and today stands as a global brand known for its cutting edge technology, high-end production excellence and passion for innovation that draws heavily on its Italian roots.
With 19 production plants in 12 countries and a commercial presence in over 160, Pirelli has around 31,500 employees and had a turnover in 2018 of about 5.2 billion €.
It is among the world’s major producers of tyres and associated services and the only one focused solely on the Consumer tyre market, which includes tyres for cars, motorcycles and bicycles.
Pirelli, a Pure Consumer Tyre Company, has a particular focus on the High Value tyre market and is constantly engaged in the development of innovative products to address the most specific mobility needs of the final Consumer, such as Specialty and Super Specialty tyres.